WE ARE AN INDEPENDENT firm of consultants, advisors, designers and advocates focused on the creation and maintenance of shared communal and public places. We work across a variety of settings: general public realm, parks, social and mixed tenure housing, and specialist provision such as schools and children centres.
We champion the right of children and teenagers to be full participants in such democratic spaces. The pivotal word here is 'shared' - for one cannot attend to the rights of young people in isolation from the needs and rights of the wider community.
Our activities encompass:
- consultancy and learning;
- risk issues;
- design and implementation;
- voluntary sector management and governance;
- acting as a critical, independent friend to design practices, local authorities, specialist agencies;
- advice and information;
- policy and briefing papers.